bg1

Monday, July 2, 2012

Almost two weeks

I have not updated since my surgery, which is probably good. I would have sounded like a huge whinebag.
The first five days were bad, not gonna sugar coat it, I was in a lot of pain from the minute I woke up in recovery and the heavy meds. only helped a little.

I didn't have an appetite until day six, around 3a.m. I realized what that weird feeling in my tummy was, it was my old pal hunger.
I got up and drank half of a EAS shake and went back to bed.

Now I'm on day 12, and 12 must be the magic number because that is how many pounds I've lost since the surgery.

How do I feel today? I'm a bit sore in the tummy area, but that's manageable and although I don't feel 100% like myself, it's not bad.

I still don't have an appetite, I miss eating certain things when I see them on T.V or in person, but I don't have the urge to eat.
I make sure I drink my protein drinks, and I have been eating a lot of SF Jell-O and SF Pudding.
One of my treats is soup, I've graduated to regular soups and I just take out the "bad" stuff, like the pasta in Minestrone, low sodium of course, and I can only eat less than half of a can of soup.

I go back for my Post-op follow up on the 5th. I think Dr. C will remove the steri strips the, so I can finally see my incisions...they have not given me any trouble, some people have a lot of itching but not me.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment